Friday, January 1, 2021

Hi Fellow IBers - How To Use This Website & A Final Farewell

TL;DR (Dec 2020) -  Graduated IB, graduated HKU, doing my MPhil at Cambridge. Stick around this old site for inspiration or find me at SciHisty!

----

Hey IBers,

I've decided to post one last time on this blog after my dramatic exit a year or two ago (as of Aug 28, 2019).

Why?

People are still visiting this site! In fact, it looks like I will pass 50,000 total views in the next month or so!

Which is fantastic and I'm flattered, glad that this site is still useful!

However, the past few posts on this site have been.... well completely un IB or CAS related, which kinda defeats the purpose of a blog like this.

So to remedy this and hopefully waste less precious IB'er time (unless you are using this to procrastinating something, in which case at least it's productive procrastination :P) I'm putting this post here to orient people a bit so you can find the information you are actually looking for.
 
--------------
Want examples of CAS reflections? Click the Creative, Action or Service tabs at the top (although I think the service and action ones are better, the action reflections... kinda suck, I'm not athletic in the slightest)

Need ideas for what to do for a specific outcome?  Check out the Learning Outcomes tab for my reflections sorted by outcome!

The Good, Bad and Ugly of CAS? Final CAS reflections / CAS hour tabs, Updates and Blog stats tab respectively.

Having an IB meltdown and need advice? 1. contact a counselor or trusted teacher/friend/family member first as I am in no way qualified. THEN 2. you can contact me and I'll try my best to steer you the right way as an IB survivor who has been there through the highs and lows.

Need general IB advice, past papers/resources or EE or IA help? The folks over at the subreddit IBO  (reddit.com/r/ibo) are wonderful and helped me though a lot (you might even occasionally spot me there under an alias :P)

Memes? (since people have actually messaged me about this) Here. Happy? :P

The forms tab will remain locked as it is where I've kept all my empty and scanned supervisor forms (aka contains tons of personal information and my signature.). If you want to know how that's done on blogger or really basic html stuff, contact me and I'll post a tutorial on my current website.

(although these days you young whipper-snappers have the luxury of ManageBac and other fancy schmancy techno stuff. Back in my day, we had physical PAPER forms and google docs!)

--------------------
Again, I can't say this enough, but thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the support over these few years. Keep at it IB-ers, you can do it!

Feel free to keep commenting below, although be aware it might take me a while to respond.

If you have a CAS blog or resource website that you would like me to link to, please contact me through my current blog's contact page HERE. 

(Please include the words "IB CAS Blog", your name, a link to the blog and where you are from/ a little bit about yourself)

 Let's spread that IB CAS Blog love around! 

If I get enough, I'll create a page dedicated to other IB blogs or invite guest posters here!

 (My new, university blog is " A Pondering Papaya" for the curious. The writing is pretty awful but if you want to know what I'm up to now, check it out)   

Update (Dec 2020): Graduated with my undergrad degree, now at Cambridge IRL and SciHisty.wordpress.com online but still answering questions, emails and comments from people here! Thanks for popping by!

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment